Not all salt wall panels are built the same. Spiritual Quest begins the process of building each salt wall panel by carefully selecting complementary Himalayan salt bricks from our inventory of 100% natural, grade A Himalayan bricks. All panels are hand-assembled in the United States to Spiritual Quest’s exacting quality control standards. We use proprietary adhesives and techniques that we’ve developed over the last 25 years during the assembly process. These proprietary methods ensure that the Himalayan bricks in each salt wall panel can “breathe” (in other words, the brick surfaces are exposed to air) in order to maximize the backlighting effects and to obtain the health benefits of Himalayan salt’s natural negative ion generation.
Having your very own Himalayan salt wall will give any room of your home, office or spa the unique ambiance generated by their warm and soothing light. Salt walls also provide the wellness benefits associated with the negative ion output generated by warmed Himalayan salt. If you are thinking about putting a large salt wall in your home, office or spa there are a few things to consider.
SALT WALL INSTALLATION CONSIDERATIONS
- Weight. Each panel weighs in at around 200 pounds. If you plan on hanging them on an existing wall make sure it can support the load (and make sure you have enough people to help you hang the panel.) We offer several mounting solutions and practical advice to ensure you installation is quick, safe and convenient.
- Electrical outlet. Nothing ruins the aesthetic of a salt wall more than unsightly cable runs. We recommend making sure there is an outlet where you plan on placing your salt wall. Since we use low voltage LED backlighting, any standard electrical outlet will work just fine.
- Portability. Building and installing a salt wall is a significant investment. One of the great benefits of using Spiritual Quest’s salt wall panels to create your salt wall is that if you ever have to move, you simply unmount your panels, move them to your new location and rehang them.
- Price Efficiency. With our salt wall panels, you will save a bundle on installation costs when compared to built-in salt walls that are constructed, brick by brick, on site and can take days (or even weeks) to build at great inconvenience to you. Additionally, working with Himalayan salt bricks is much different than working with regular bricks and mortar. With our salt wall panels, installation is no more complicated than hanging a picture on a wall.
The magnificent color striations found in our 100% natural Himalayan salt bricks are the result of more than 80 naturally occurring minerals found in the Himalayan salt mountains. Our dimmable LED backlight brings out and emphasizes these naturally occurring, beautiful color gradations, creating a warm, friendly and soothing environment.
THE BENEFITS OF HIMALAYAN SALT WALLS
It is natural for your Himalayan salt wall panels to “sweat.” This is when your Himalayan salt wall becomes a natural negative ion generator. These ions are said to induce a gentle calmness that enhances the length and quality of your sleep. These are the same ions created by waterfalls, thunderstorms and ocean waves breaking on the beach and that Dr. Oz recommends for their possible health benefits which are said to include the following.
- Decrease the levels of dust, pollen, pet dander, mold and other allergens.
- Decrease airborne viruses and bacteria.
- Decrease blood pressure and reduce tension and stress.
- Reduce frequency of headaches.
- Reduce instances of respiratory ailments including hayfever and asthma.
- Improve sleep quality.
- Improve energy levels, concentration and focus.
SALT WALL DESIGN INSPIRATIONS
Over the years, we’ve been amazed and inspired by how our customers have used our salt wall panels. Spiritual Quest’s in-house experts are here to deliver your vision and guide you through every step. It begins with you describing your vision and supplying us with proper measurements. We then use our in-house, experienced staff to hand-build your salt wall panels. We utilize only 100% natural, grade A Himalayan salt bricks in our salt wall panel construction.